- 400 g (13 g) haloumi cheese
- olive oil, for shallow-frying
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Cut Haloumi Cheese into ½ inch slices. Pat dry.
- Pour oil into a large frying pan. Add the cheese and fry for 1 minutes each side, or until golden. Remove the pan fro the heat and pour the lemon juice over the cheese.
- Season with ground black pepper. Sprinkle freshly choppedparsley leaves on top if you like.
Note: Saganaki refers to the two handled frying pan in which this dish is traditionally served.