- 2 cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 8-10 pieces of string cheese (frozen)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
Fried cheese sticks or cheese fingers are absolutely tasty and mouth-watering snacks that can be eaten any time of the day. Not just kids but adults love it to. Serve it with marinara sauce.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and bread crumbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, mix together eggs and milk.
- Dip each bread stick in the egg mix, and then dredge it through the flour mix making sure they are thoroughly covered.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes in the hot oil until the batter is golden brown or cheese is oozing out. Remove from skillet, drain excess oil, and serve.
Chef’s Note: Oregano, thyme, parsley or garlic powder can also be added in the breadcrumb and flour mixture to add different flavour to cheese fingers.