- Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to “sour”.
- Sift flour and add sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk egg and butter into soured milk.
- Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture and whisk until it is formed into a smooth creamy paste and is lump free.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and pour about 1 tbsp vegetable oil or you can use cooking spray.
- Pour batter onto the skillet with a ladle. Cook until it looks puffed up and flip with a spatula. Cook until it is browned both sides.
- Serve with whisked butter and maple syrup.
- The substitute of sour milk (milk & vinegar) is butter milk. you can buy buttermilk powder or evaporated buttermilk. it works wonder on pancakes and make them fluffy and puffed.
Pancakes are lighter and fluffier when you substitute club soda for half milk in the batter.