- Coconut 1 cup (freshly grated)
- Fresh green or red chilies 2 (chopped)
- Garlic 1 clove (optional)
- Water 1 cup
- Salt as per taste
- INGREDIENTS for seasoning:
- Vegetable oil 1 tsp.
- Black mustard seeds 1 tsp.
- Urad dhal 1 tsp.
- Curry leaf 1 sprig
How to make the chutney:
- Grind all the Ingredients: (except those for seasoning) together.
- Blend the mixture until it forms a coarse paste. Transfer it to a bowl.
- Heat the oil and when it is hot, add the mustard seeds and urad dhal.
- When the seeds start spluttering, add the curry leaves.
- Quicky stir the mustard seed mixture into the pureed coconut mixture.
Tips Serve fresh with dosas, idlis, upma, utthapams, vadas, etc.