- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until onions are soft.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients. Continue cooking on medium heat 15 minutes or until flavors are blended.
- Carefully pour half of bisque into blender. Blend until smooth. Repeat with remaining bisque. Return bisque to saucepan. Cook over low heat until heated through.
Enjoy sweet potato soup in winter to keep you warm.
I so love this creamy and aromatic pumpkin soup. It’s very energizing and healthy and trust me it does a great job in warming you up in a cold chilly weather.
- Place pumpkin, onion & stock in a large saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat & simmer for 20 mins.
- Transfer mixture to a blender, in batches, & puree.
- Return to the saucepan. Stir in cream, nutmeg & pepper.
- Cook until heated through.
- Serve with fresh crusty bread & sour cream,