Fried cheese sticks or cheese fingers are absolutely tasty and mouth-watering snacks that can be eaten any time of the day. Not just kids but adults love it to. Serve it with marinara sauce.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and bread crumbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, mix together eggs and milk.
- Dip each bread stick in the egg mix, and then dredge it through the flour mix making sure they are thoroughly covered.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes in the hot oil until the batter is golden brown or cheese is oozing out. Remove from skillet, drain excess oil, and serve.
Chef’s Note: Oregano, thyme, parsley or garlic powder can also be added in the breadcrumb and flour mixture to add different flavour to cheese fingers.
I am absolutely in love with sushi since long. I love eating and making sushi. You can make it with vegetables, seafood like cooked prawns, raw salmon, crab meat, chicken, fried turkey strips. Use whatever you like but make sure its not overly enhanced with spices. use boiled or plain fried meat which is not very. Rolling Sushi on the Bamboo mat is an art. Don’t be in a rush and use firm hands. Have fun making it.
- Whisk together rice vinegar, sugar and salt and add it into the rice and mix well.
- Place clean bamboo mat on the shelf.
- Lay nori seaweed sheets on the mat.
- With moisten fingers evenly press about 1.4 of the rice onto the nori.
- Now add a layer of shredded carrots
- Layer avocado and cucumber and daikon strips on it.
- Tightly roll up the bamboo mat.
- Transfer suchi to a plate and cover with a damp paper towel.
- Repeat with remaining rice and fillings.
- Cut sushi rolls into pieces with a sharp knife.
- Serve with soy sauce, wasabi paste or pickled shredded ginger.
- Combine tomato, onion, garlic, and basil with a little oil. If preparing in advance, refrigerate in covered container until ready to serve. Add mozzarella cheese if desired. Serve with prepared crispy flatbread wedges (see below).
Toasted Flatbread Wedges Directions:
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Brush Flatbread with butter or oil.
- Place on a baking sheet and sprinkle with herbs.
- Heat in oven for about 2 minutes (or longer if you prefer them crispier).
- Cut into 1 to 11/2 inch strips or wedges and place in serving basket. To add a spicy zip, sprinkle flatbread with red pepper flakes, white or black sesame seeds, and/or cracked black pepper.
- 1 cup Balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup brown sugar.
- Combine and reduce by 50% over medium heat while stirring constantly.
Impress your guests with these bite-sized appetizers that pack a whole lot of flavor…cherry tomatoes stuffed with a cheesy-herb filling then tucked into a puff pastry crust. Absolutely delicious!
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Stir the goat cheese, parsley, chives, Parmesan cheese, black pepper and lemon zest in a medium bowl.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 10-inch square. Cut into 4 (2 1/2-inch) strips. Cut each strip into 6 (3x3x3-inch) triangles. Discard any remaining pastry. Press the pastry triangles into the bottoms and up the sides of 24 (1 1/2-inch) mini muffin-pan cups.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- Cut slits in the tops of the tomatoes and scoop out the seeds. Spoon about 1 1/2 teaspoons cheese mixture into each tomato. Place the tomatoes in the center of the warm pastries and press down lightly.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown.
- For Sweet Berry Jewels: Stir 1 cup whipped cream cheese, 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest in a medium bowl. Prepare the pastry sheet as directed above but bake the unfilled pastries for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Let the pastries cool in the pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Spoon about 1 1/2 teaspoons cream cheese mixture into each pastry. Top each with 1 fresh raspberry or blackberry.
- Time-Saving: Save time by substituting about 3/4 cup garlic & herb spreadable cheese, softened, for the goat cheese, parsley and chives.
Recipe taken from http://www.puffpastry.com/recipe/60537-1/tomato-jewels
WATCH VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS HERE
If your kids are fussy and not like to eat much; you can try this healthy, yummy, quick and easy mini quiches recipe . I bet your little ones will absolutely love them. It will take you approximately 30minutes to make them. You can fill quiches up with anything, to make them healthier you can add shredded sautéed vegetables.
- Preheat oven to 180 centigrade.
- Butter all slices of bread.
- Place firmly into muffin pan with buttered side down.
- Bake for 10minutes.
- Combine eggs and milk in a bowl.
- Sauté onion in a frying pan until it looks a little crispy. Now add sausages and cook well.
- Divide sausage and onion mix evenly between bread cups.
- Pour egg mixture over top.
- Sprinkle cheese.
- Bake for 18-20mins until you see cheese is melted and bread edges are golden.
Yummy mini quiches are ready. Can be eaten hot or cold. Serve with tomato sauce or salad.
Recipe is quick and easy to make. You can get kids along to make these with you; it would be fun. They would absolutely love to eat and make these sausage bits. To make these rolls healthier you can add vegetables like carrots and zucchini as desired. Not just for kids but are good to have in cocktail parties, hi-tea or a small family gathering.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Mix mince, onion, parsley and seasoning together.
- Beat 1 egg and add to mince mixture.
- Place down mince mixture in the centre of pastry. Beat remaining egg and brush edges.
- Roll up to enclose filling, and cut into desired pieces. Place on trays, seam side down. Brush with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 20 mins, reduce heat to 180°C, and cook for 10 minutes until golden. Serve with tomato sauce.